Harbour House is located in Hermanus, approximately 110km from Cape Town International Airport.
Harbour House Hotel
22 Harbour Road
GSP Latitude : -34.420869 Longitude : 19.242831
Downlaod .PDF here ( 112kb )
Directions from Airport
1. Exit airport and take the N2 towards Somerset West.
2. Pass over Sir Lowry’s Pass.
3. Continue straight for approximately 20 minutes, pass Grabouw on your left and carry on the N2 over the Houw Hoek Pass.
4. Take the Hermanus off ramp to your left on the R43.
5. Continue on the R43 towards Hermanus.
6. You will pass the Kleinmond turn off on your left, carry on with the R43 past Fisherhaven, Hawston, Vermont, Onrus and Sandbaai.
7. When you come to the 4 way traffic light by the Engen garage, continue straight.
8. The R43 leads into the Main road of Hermanus.
9. At the circle take the second exit.
10. Turn right by the Shell garage.
11. At the stop turn left into Marine Drive and continue for about 600m. The road will take a bend, then keep left into Harbour Road.
12. We are the second building on your left hand side opposite The Burgundy Restaurant.
Coastal Scenic Route
Driving from Cape Town take the N2 towards Somerset West turn left onto R44 to Strand and proceed until you reach Gordons Bay.
Travel on R 44 along the coastal road where you will pass the Kogelberg Nature Reserve which is known for its beautiful fynbos. Carry on with the road past Rooi Els, Pringle Bay and Hangklip. You can visit Stony Point in Betty's Bay which is the home of the African penquins. There are numerous paths leading past the nests which will give you photographic opportunities.
After Stony Point the road leads you past Harold Porter Botanical garden carry on with the R44 through Kleinmond for + - 11 km until you reach the T-junction turn right onto the R43 that leads to Hermanus.
Scenic Route for history and wine lovers
Travelling from Cape Town on the N1 towards Paarl take the Klapmuts off ramp to Franschoek (R44) At the end of the off ramp, turn right under the N1. After 300 metres, drive straight on at the four way crossing. After 200 metres, turn left , drive on for approximately 10km until you reach a T-junction turn right, following the sign Franschhoek, along the R45. After approximately 20 km you will enter Franschhoek. Carry on with the R 45 it would take you through the Franschoek pass.Turn left onto the R 321 until you reach Villiersdorp then turn onto the R 43.
From R 43 turn left onto the gravel road towards Genadedal and experience country road with slow pace and enjoy the surroundings. Genadedal is a small town nestled in the Riversonderend mountains. It is the oldest mission station in South Africa. You can visit the museum and Khoi pottery.
From Genadendal you can travel to Greyton. It’s a peaceful old town with thatched cottages, gravel roads and breathtaking nature named after Sir George Grey. If you are a chocoholic visit Oak & Vigne and do a tasting of Von Guesau Chocolates. For the health conscious there is Via’s Deli that sells organic vegetables and freshly baked breads. For lunch pop in at Abbey Rose situated in the main Road of Greyton.
Travel back on the R 406 towards Caledon. When you get to Caledon take the R 320 towards Hermanus. This route will take you through the Hemel and Aarde Valley. This is a route with incredible and breathtaking views for wine lovers and lovers of country side. There are 28 wine farms in the valley. Feel free to stop at Creation, Newton Johnston, La Vierge, Bouchard Finlayson, Southern Right, Hamilton Russel, Whalehaven and Hermanus Pietersfontein to do a tasting or two and explore the area. If you carry on with the road until you get at 4 way traffic lights. Turn left onto R 43 towards Hermanus.